The video starts off with a grey background and a
description on the screen.
I think the graphics look older and has that 1950’s vibe.
At first glance, I don’t think that 50’s kids and children
today eat differently.
Everyone seems to eat the same in my opinion. Although some
may have phobias regarding eating too fast is all I can think of.
The difference I noticed right off the bat is that families
normally do not eat with each other every night at the dinner table.
Sometimes mothers or fathers work until 9pm at night or
midnight and cannot eat at the dinner table with their spouse and children.
In the 1950’s it seems as if it was mandatory to eat all
together at the dinner table and talk about what went on in everyone's day.
They promote eating healthy and maintaining a healthy body
weight. It is not said that children are limited to food nor do they need to fatten
up.
It is hard not to mentioned that they do advertise only men
and women couples and not differed gendered couples.
This explanation is only because people during this time
ignored couples who liked or loved the opposite sex.
Which I do not agree with, but this is a different topic.
These couples choose older names for their children such as Carole and Bill.
It was the style to name your children after your name or through
the list of names from someone else.
These kids had a routine and after supper as they call it,
they played before bedtime.
It showed Bill watching a train moving on the track. Children
at this time had to entertain themselves and be creative.
What I love about this video is that the narrator made this film very entertaining to watch and kept me focused on it as well.
Comments
Post a Comment