At the start of this video, they do have a good idea of what the 1950’s was like. How women were very presentable, and they always were about modesty.
They mentioned the movie Grease, the diners that everyone
loved in this era, and milkshakes. How they have 50’s beauty icons that they
look up to.
Which I thought was great and how all the women in this
video were so nice and open minded about the beauty stuff women in the 1950s
followed.
They did mention that lots of women roles were to be a good housewife
and have children but how that was their whole life. They didn’t promote jobs much
and being an independent woman.
What we have in common with ladies from the 50’s is that
keeping your skin clean was a big priority. You removed your makeup from the
day and washed your face thoroughly.
I did notice that back then many women did not have many
skin care creams and lotions to put on their face as we do today. In our
generation we have many steps and products to put on our face to keep our skin
nice and healthy.
There was a mention that a woman likes steam facials and
would go to these appointments twice a week. People today would do this, but it
seems rare.
Most women in 2021, use creams from the stores or have
products from their dermatologist. I have also noticed that many people’s skin
are more sensitive.
This although may pertain to what we eat as well. Those in
the 1950’s promote washing your face thoroughly along with your neck and ears.
I do not see any information on people saying or advertising
that many should wash their neck or ears. Unless I am looking at the wrong info,
but this is a first to hear.
Both genders were very
particular about presenting themselves to others as being clean and taking
great care of themselves.
Which I do think that we need more advertisements and announcements
regarding how look and feel as if you are taking great care of your health. Making
your hair nicely styled, ironed clothing, nails polished or clean, and shiny
skin.
All of us today need to present ourselves to others in a
presentable and modest way. Attain standards from the 50’s regarding looks and
health.
Comments
Post a Comment