Skip to main content

Movies From the 50's Showed False Relationships

I have to make one thing clear not all movies in the 50’s were in black and white on the screen. They did include color.

The most famous movie that I remember is Cinderella that came out in 1950.

It is a Walt Disney cartoon movie and it made big success for Disney as before releasing this movie they were about to lose this company.

What I love about the movie covers is that they were so creative in showcasing what the movie was about by putting a catchy picture.

Included massive faces with another couple on there with a film strip that shows the title of the movie or how they drew a couple on there and had great paragraphs to catch the viewers eye to watch them.

It may not sound too exciting when I describe it, but it is so different to the movie covers that we produce today.

During this era, many people physically went to the movie theaters and paid for them in person. This must have been a fun activity out of the house for them.

I am sure not a lot of people went to the movies as some were too poor to pay and watch or they were too busy with family or work life.

I do notice there was a lot of western movies advertised as it seems to be what was popular back in the 1950’s and romance films as well too.

Which does make sense as society was recovering from war and advertised that it is okay to fall in love and start a family.  

Marriage and children were a big part of the 50’s as they lost so many people in World War II. How many wanted to forget about the trauma and focus on something else happier.

I noticed that a lot of the movies were catered towards adults as I did not see many kids ones in my research.

It was more about the gory action movies, mystery, romance, fantasy, chick flicks, and funny movies they advertised.

I would have thought they would cater towards more kid movies but on the other hand children played outside a lot or either read books.

At this thought I can see why they catered towards adults rather than kids for movies in the 1950’s.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Colored 50’s Accessories for fifters

This a unique box of items that were worn in the 1950’s! I notice there is a pair of glasses and sunglasses. Along with three pairs of polka dot earrings and a silk scarf as well. At the left corner there is a black and white printed headband and a pair of gloves too. There is a total of eight items in this accessory box. My grandmother used to have many of these style of gloves in her closet. When she would show them to me as a child, she would smile so bright and tell me stories of how she got them.

Blue and Red Word Search Book

This is an awesome booklet for those who love the 50’s! It has many pages to keep your brain busy by searching for words with just your eyes. I noticed that is has yellow wording and an arrow indicating to open the book. The front page has labeled the 1950’s on it and the author has made sure to put their name on it. At the top right corner of the red/yellow square you see a star shape. My sister loves to do crossword puzzles and she has a collection of them in her closet. It reminds me of seeing her use them at her doctor’s visits.

Skintight White Lingerie for Those who Love the 50's

This is a sexy white lace lingerie piece for fifters! I notice that this type of clothing has a flower print and has an opening in the middle. This part is smooth and is without any substance on it. This piece has two straps on the side that are meant for tights and have metal at the top and bottom. The material is stretchy and is so adorable. My friend has lingerie clothing just like this one and when she wears this, she has a lot of confidence. She always tells me her boyfriend melts when she is in this piece.